Byhiras provides investment governance services. It uses big data technology to deliver innovative solutions for investment selection and oversight and is developing proprietary technology to meet some of the critical challenges facing investors. Byhiras offers a range of services for investors and provides analytical and collaboration tools across the supply chain.
You will be joining a diverse team of developers, DevOps and quants with a lively, start-up culture. Development is agile, fast paced and test driven. Sprints are one week long and feedback instant. Bureaucracy is kept to a minimum to maximise time for development. We encourage the adoption of the latest technologies and you will participate fully in the evolving architecture.
We have a growing requirement for core Java developers at all levels who have excellent technical abilities and ambition. You will be working on a range of challenging projects using Java 8 and big data technologies.
What we look for
- Deep core Java knowledge: we build high throughput services, performance is critical
- TDD: we deploy every week so continuous integration is pivotal
- Communication: you must be able to explain concepts to non-developers as well as peers
- Financial markets: knowledge of trading and operations in any asset class, market data, risk, accounting or fund administration is advantageous (though not essential)
- Big data: HDFS, MapReduce and Spark
- Environment: Git, Gerrit, Jenkins and Maven
- Infrastructure: Zookeeper, Redis, Avro and Puppet
We are building a team to transform the look and feel of our service. The current UI is built in AngularJS + Bootstrap with a Grunt build. The team's mandate is to evolve the user experience and to re-engineer the UI with the best and latest technologies.
What we look for
- TDD, we deploy every week, for example Jasmine and Selenium
- UX and visual design skills would be a plus
- Work with the product team to prototype and deliver a new look and feel for the UI
- Collaborate with server side developers to add new features
- Be responsible for visual consistency of the UI
- Take responsibility for the UI build environment
We require quantitative analysts with hands-on development skills to join our analytics team. You will work on our multi-asset class valuation library and portfolio risk and analytics library, both developed in C++, and collaborate with peers in other teams to drive the requirements for all analytical aspects of the platform.
What we look for
Successful candidates will have experience of some or all of the following:
- Programming in C++ (essential), especially C++11 or later
- Advanced mathematical analysis (essential), especially statistics, calculus, stochastic calculus, linear systems, optimisation
- QuantLib, Boost
- Asynchronous programming, concurrent programming, unit testing, code review, distributed VCS
- Product valuation, in general or with some specialism
- Market risk, VaR, credit risk, counterparty risk, risk attribution
- Performance measurement and attribution
- Portfolio optimisation, low-frequency trading strategies, backtesting
- Data modelling, especially of financial instruments
- User interface design (for any medium, e.g. GUI, web, Excel, mobile)
- Accounting, especially fund accounting
- CFA, CIPM, CQF or more advanced study
We are looking for a product manager to take ownership of our web based application, both launching new features as well as enhancing existing functionality. To date product management has been a shared discipline but as we have expanded it has become a full time role.
What we look for
- Experience as a product owner for a web based application
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following finance domains: asset management, capital markets, portfolio analytics, market data
- Experience of agile environments
- Ability to perform competitor analysis to help steer strategic decisions
- Entrepreneurial approach and a passion for FinTech
- Work with management team to maintain a strategic product roadmap
- Capture high level requirements for new features
- Collaborate with the development team on planning and design of features
- Participate in sprint planning and daily SCRUM
- Understand automated testing and suggest new tests to ensure full coverage
We are a cross disciplinary team dedicated to delivering a robust multi-tenant cluster serving customers in production and devs in the office. We sit with the core app team, participating in the daily scrum and weekly releases. We are passionate about our automated continuous integration and provisioning which covers the full stack from OS install through to UI and regression testing then production deployment.
You will participate in developing new capabilities including continuous deployment, data centre affinity and workload management. You will contribute to improvements in build, performance, security, operating systems, networking and monitoring. You are already an expert in one of these disciplines and can persuade others to follow your lead. You believe in the agile approach of breaking long term projects into small deliveries to achieve rapid changes. You are keen on learning more and contributing your knowledge back to your peers inside and outside the office.
- OS: Red Hat Linux, bare metal and virtual machines
- Provisioning: Puppet, Kickstart, RPM
- Languages: Bash, Ruby, Python, Java, Clojure
- Security: Kerberos, SELinux, LDAP
- Big Data: HDFS, Spark, Flink, Kafka
- Containers: Docker, KVM
- Schedulers: YARN, Kubernetes, Mesos
Apply for Job
Thank you for your job application. We will reply to you shortly.
Please read this Policy carefully. This Policy sets out our data collection and processing practices. It explains what personal data we collect, how we process that personal data and what your rights are in relation to the personal data. By visiting www.byhiras.com (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Byhiras (Europe) Limited of 23 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2QP.
The following data about you and other persons may be collected and processed:
- Information you provide. You may submit information through the ‘Apply for Job’ feature of the Website. This includes your name, e-mail addresses, and any information you choose to provide in the ‘Short Introduction’ section of the ‘Apply for Job’ feature. Please note that all information submitted through the ‘Apply for Job’ feature will be collected and stored securely in the United States of America by SurveyMonkey and transmitted to us via e-mail.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information we collect in the following ways:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical survey purposes;
- to address any queries that you may send us through the ‘Apply for Job’ feature on the Website;
- for recruitment purposes;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for users and for their computers; and
- as part of our security procedures.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share your information and/or information you give us about you or other persons with:
- any member of our group. For the purposes of this Policy, our ‘group’ means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and
- selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or such other persons.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Byhiras (Europe) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about users of the Website may be one of the transferred assets;
- in the event that we are in discussions with any third party in relation to any prospective investment by such third party in us or any in any member of our group, in which case we may disclose your personal data to such third party; and/or
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and transmission of information to the Website by you is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee the security of such information, though we will endeavour to protect it by using security procedures and features to try to prevent loss, theft or unauthorised access.
The Website may contain links to and from third party websites. We have no control over and do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies or practices of these websites. Please check these policies and practices before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. You may request a copy of such information at our registered address but please note that there may be a fee of £10 to cover our costs in complying with your request.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If we make any changes to this Policy we will amend this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy please address them to us at our registered address.
www.byhiras.com (the “Website”) is a website operated by Byhiras (Europe) Limited (“we” or “us”).
By using the Website, you confirm that you accept and agree to comply with these Terms.
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
You must not use the Website:
- if you do not agree to these Terms;
- for any purpose that is unlawful or in breach of these Terms; or
- in any manner that may cause harm to our reputation.
Your right to access the Website and all other rights granted to you under these Terms will terminate immediately if you are in breach of any of these Terms.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Website:
- any additional terms which may apply to the use of particular parts of the Website.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part or feature of the Website without notice and at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you for such suspension, withdrawal, discontinuance or change, or if for any reason the whole or any part or feature of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology and computer programmes and to make all other arrangements you may require in order to use the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
We may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time.
SUBMITTING CONTENT TO THE WEBSITE
Whenever you make use of the ‘Apply for Job’ feature or any other feature that allows you to submit information or other content to or through the Website or to make contact with us, you must comply with these Terms.
You warrant that any such content is accurate and complies with these Terms and with all applicable laws, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of this warranty.
Any content you submit to or through the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content submitted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You may not use the Website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect, or is in breach of these Terms.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in any and all content and material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may display the Website on a computer screen or mobile device. You may print off one copy, or download or copy extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal use, but you may not create any database thereof. You may not republish, redistribute, sell, market, lease, charge, deal in, encumber, store, retransmit, sublicense, decompile, reverse engineer or provide to any person any content or materials on the Website. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
If you print off, copy, download or use any part of the Website in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
You must not misuse the Website by transmitting any data or sending, submitting or uploading any materials that contain, or otherwise introducing, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to or interfere with the normal functioning of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You must not frame the Website on any other website, nor may you create a link or deep link to the Website or any part of the Website.
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the contents of those sites or resources. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to professional, financial, investment or other advice or to marketing of any financial instruments. You must obtain appropriate professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any investment decision or other action in reliance on or on the basis of any content on the Website.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied (whether by statute, common law or otherwise), that the Website or any content on the Website is accurate, complete, up-to-date or free from errors or omissions.
We do not accept any liability, howsoever arising, for any claim, loss or damages arising out of or in connection with:
- any advice given, taken or inferred;
- any investment decision made;
- any investment, sale, purchase or other transaction carried out; or
- any other action taken or not taken,
in reliance on or on the basis of any content on the Website.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any:
- indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- loss (whether direct or indirect) of or damage to profits, savings, sales, revenue, anticipated savings, business, opportunity, reputation or goodwill;
- loss (whether direct or indirect) of or damage to any data or equipment or any business interruption; or
- other loss or damage,
whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with any use of, inability to use or reliance on the Website or any content thereon.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any enquiries or complaints about the Website, then please address them to us at our registered address.
We are a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under company number 07646016 and have our registered office at 23 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2QP.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.